Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Studio Update!


So I've been putting off a studio update for while... mostly because it still looks like a tornado hit it!


But now that AD has moved in, a few additional things need to happen in addition to getting this space clean, organized, and functioning. First, we each need desk space (He works from home so this is especially important for him). I love the desk I have, but I’m open to new possibilities, and the current desk would make a great workspace for photographing Etsy products, as well as creating them!

Here’s what we need as far as function:
  • ·        Double desk (something long enough for both of use to sit comfortably and use our respective computers. I just have a monitor, keyboard and mouse, but he needs space for his laptop and another monitor.) I’d also like space for the printer to sit between us (but not crowd into our workspace)
  • ·        Separate workspace for Etsy functions
  • ·        Storage!:

o   Silhouette items (I’m planning on using the Alex unit for just my silhouette machine and accessory items.
o   Mail Station (for all outgoing household mail as well as any Etsy shipments). Simple set up. Stamps for household use and smaller items. Boxes, envelopes, and full adhesive sheets for shipping labels. This will also be where I store things that go in shipments, like business cards or coupons/advertisements.
o   Printer Supplies (I have a lot of different things I want to keep together for the printer besides paper and ink. Photo paper and other specialty papers, as well as blank labels need to be stored close by)
o   Etsy product supplies (This is the main source of my problem right now, as there are so many different things floating around.) Mainly Canvas and paints, Ceramics and Sealers, etc.

Here’s the inspiration for our desk:




1,2,3

 Here's a quick mock up I did to get a little better feel for the space:

We are going this weekend to check out the Habitat Restore in our area, and I have some inexpensive ideas on what to use if that sends us home empty handed. As far as storage, I’m going to use what I have as much as possible, and I maybe be bring in more options after we tackle another large project we have for the dining area. Details on that soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment