Friday, January 4, 2013

Getting organized!




Since one (two?) of my resolutions was to get more organized and cut the clutter in my life, I started by getting a new planner for 2013...and I got this!



My last macbook bit the dust a little less than a year ago (I still blame the roommate and World of Warcraft, sorry to the WoW enthusiasts out there :( ), and I've been waiting patiently (after trying everything possible to fix the last one) to get a new one. I love my desktop, and my iPad, but I've needed more than the iPad can handle in a travel friendly package.

I haven't gotten to do much more than the basic set up, but my contacts are synced, and over the weekend I'll have time to organize photos (Only a select amount will be loaded onto the laptop, as my desktop is my main storage space for photos and I'll be getting a backup drive for them soon.) For now, iCloud has me covered until then (and anything that it doesn't have was backed up long before). I'll also be moving most of my music (and small selection of movies and TV shows from my iTunes). I don't want to clutter it up with too much from the desktop, as more photos will be added and edited.

Oh, and I may have mirrored to my TV, just for fun ;) 



**I should mention that I just love all things Apple... they are great, long lasting products, but these are all just my own opinions, and in no way affiliated with Apple.

As for my planner, I just picked up a small weekly planner from Target. I keep many reminders and appointments in my phone, but I like to have something to write everything down in as well (it's also great for meal planning.) At the moment, my meal planning is all done on post-its.. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what will work before me in the long run.


researched a few different options before deciding on the simple planner from Target. There was Jen's personalized planner from I Heart Organizing (but for the price and the additional items I would want to bind it with, it wasn't really budget friendly). It actually would come out more than the life planner from Erin Condren that I thought about getting for a while.

Oh, and to make it all more fun, I grabbed these sharpie pens while at Target as well. They don't bleed through the paper like the thin sharpies (although they are a bit lighter that I thought they would be)


So that's my first step in getting organized. I'll also be taking a huge step in less clutter this weekend by joining A Bowl Full of Lemons Home Organization 101 Challenge  


This is the second time around that she has done the challenge, and I plan to participate this time! Details on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment