Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013

Happy New Year! I hope your holidays and celebrations were amazing. I know I wasn't ready to come back to my day job... I even took an extra day just to extend the relaxing (and recovering) a little longer...

Here are a few photos from New Year Eve! 
The boys looked pretty amazing in their suits (and they knew it ;) )



But now it's back to work, and on to those resolutions!

I don't really make New Year resolutions, but something about a new year (especially this year) has the potential for new beginnings all over it. So I'm making some general resolutions this year.

Resolution #1- Relax more.

I'll admit it, I don't know how to relax. I'm constantly worried about something, making myself to busy, and I definitely don't even sleep enough. I have a full time job, run an Etsy shop that does a decent amount of business, write a blog (which is always put on the back burner) and when I can squeeze out time I try to keep up with my photography.  My busy lifestyle (plus some other situations) caused my portfolio to suffer this past year, so I'm getting right on that (especially since I was recommended to do the 2014 Firefighter calender...), but I'm not going to stress myself out. 

Resolution #2- Clear the clutter.

I own too much stuff. It's just that simple. I have too many kitchen gadgets, clothes (yep, I said it) shoes (gasp!), etc, etc. When I first moved out in college, I barely had dishes (still had too many clothes) and it was simple. Over the years, I've gathered quite a bit more, and when it comes to sentimental stuff, I would call myself a hoarder ;). I keep playbills, ticket stubs, you name it, because I want to remember all the good memories that go with them, but sometimes I just need to settle for the 15,000 photographs cluttering up my hard drive (I'm gonna try to get that organized as well also).

Resolution #3- Stay Organized.

This goes with #2, but once I have a place for everything, I hope to be able to keep it that way!

Resolution #4- Eat healthier

I've done pretty well on this (thanks Jenn!), but some nights I just want to gorge on pizza or mac and cheese.  It's quick, and simple, and processed. It's the processed part I'd like to eliminate. There's nothing wrong with pizza or mac and cheese, but I'm going to try to make them from scratch  so I know what's in my food before it goes in my mouth!

Resolution #5- Exercise!

I know, it doesn't get anymore cliche than that, but I need to do it. And it's always more motivating with friends  so a few of us have decided that we are getting back into working out as often as we can (and holding each other accountable)

So there are my resolutions. Nothing to crazy and it's all stuff I've been working on already anyway, but there is nothing like a fresh new year to make you feel like you can accomplish anything!





No comments:

Post a Comment