Friday, December 28, 2012

2012

I take a lot of photos. It's nice to be able to look back and remember all good times that I've had with friends and family. This year, there is a chunk of photos that have been saved to a disc and stored away, because they actually represent a painful part of my life now, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them...because some day it won't all be so painful.

From January 1st 2012 until today, so much has changed. And this past Thanksgiving had me thinking about all those changes and how thankful I am for the people I have in my life today. I wouldn't have made it through the past year without these people, and I hope they know everyday how thankful I am for them.

Since I tend to mark the passing of time with my camera, I decided to do a (really out of order!) photo timeline for the year. 

From January to April... the timeline is a little thin...


The kitten photo is Emily. She was my cat for the better part of two years, but unfortunately I didn't get to keep her when I moved. 
Two of the photos are from my mother's wedding in February. I was the wedding planner, Maid of Honor, and the photographer...so I was a busy girl (oh, and the whole thing was planned in two months!)

The last photo is from my birthday. Cam and I went down to Gainesville...the first of many trips I would be making to the middle part of the state this year :)

In May of 2012, my whole world flipped upside down, and I ended up moving in with some friends  temporarily.These are the people that make every day interesting, and I'm forever thankful to call them friends!


It was also in May that I met P....


and he was my reason for many, many trips to Gainesville and back. 

Even though we have since ended the relationship, he is still one of my best friends. He's been home for the holidays and it's been nice to spend time with him, his brother, J and all our friends. Family isn't just about blood...

In July, my great nephew Maclin was born...




In the past 6 months he has grown so much!


The last part of the year was a blur of road trips, zombies and holidays. 



I hope everyone has a fantastic new year, and that 2013 is all you hope it will be!

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment