Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Counting down the days....

...til vacation :) Just a few days of relaxing with friends and family. Starting with a Saturday trip to Atlanta....

On another note, I've been promising and promising, and it's finally here! The studio update. .

The studio is still pretty much a disaster...but a slightly (more) functional disaster. The closet is scary and it still kinda echos near the bathroom. But the desk is more clear, the wall next to it has all kind of function, and even the space above the supply drawers is looking a little more put together.

This is where we left off.....


Freshly labels drawers....


The desk is still a bit of a mess, but only on one side ;)

Wall next to the desk. I think in the course of moving the rooms someone ate all my pens and pencils (seriously, its highlighters and sharpies...and nothing else!)


Above those supply drawers, some personal decor and my favorite storage and organizing books (I also own the new Young House Love.... but it gets special place :)
   

I have more books but they were stored when the studio space was this:

So I have yet to pull them back out.

That that wraps it up...I have a few more ideas for decor and storage needs. I have a small dresser in my bedroom that will move (to hold packaging supplies for my Etsy shop, and some of the shop's smaller stock), as it's not really getting much use except as 4 junk drawers. The drawers are too small for my clothing needs... so now the hunt is on for a new dresser... probably this from Ikea to match the bed frame I plan to get. I'm also on the hunt for a new desk chair (that I can sit in comfortably for long periods of time...)

Hopefully everyone is done with their holiday shopping (I am, but still have quite a bit of wrapping to do.)

Happy Holidays!

Announcement: 50% of any proceeds made from December 16th- December 22nd in my Etsy shop will be donated to the "United Way of Western Connecticut" -- the official relief fund for those affected by the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. 









No comments:

Post a Comment