Monday, January 14, 2013

Media Organization

A while back, I read this post from I Heart Organizing, and I fell in love with these little media boxes (from the Container Store)

.

And I bought two... thinking 240 spaces (they each hold 120 dics) would be more than enough. I was wrong! :) I now have 4, and apparently am a DVD hoarder....

Since I don't have a Container Store anywhere near me (the nearest is Atlanta, but I don't make it up that way all that often), I decided to ditch getting yet another one (since I'm once again out of space, and shipping is expensive) and use what I already have!



I bought one of these to storage backup photography discs, but the system really wasn't working for me. I didn't have enough discs, and most of my photography is backed up on external drives (and online cloud systems). So this little box has just been sitting around, collecting dust.

I have many more TV episodes than movies, so I opted to keep the TV shows (and Disney/kid friendly, which wasn't pictured) in the Container store boxes, and move my general movies to these, and store them in the CD box.


The system is similar to what I had before, but costs far less. I just popped a vinyl label on the front and I was done!


And I still have some space left to grow! Although I've starting purchasing more things through Itunes, since I'm a bit of an Apple fanatic....

To easily be able to find any TV show or movie when I want to watch it, each box has one of these media inventory sheets.


I purchased them from I Heart Organizing's Etsy shop.

So there is my little weekend media organizing project. I actually got two different projects started this weekend, but only this one got finished. Details on the progress of the other later this week!

**The Chalkboard Labels on the acrylic media boxes can be found in my Etsy Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment